Marsico Nuovo

Marsico Nuovo

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Buon Viaggio

It is Sunday evening and in less than three days I leave on my next European adventure!!! My friends Julie [Giulietta], Annette [Antoinette] and I will  spend 4 weeks at language school in Siena, Italy and an additional week traveling in the north.

With a son getting married in my back yard June 7th, Michelle pregnant with my first grandchild [due in July] and two siblings healing from cancer, it seems like an odd time to be leaving the country. Of course I didn't know all of these dynamics when the trip was originally planned.  Julie and I  prayed that if the timing was not right that God would shut the door... then when all three of us were offered scholarships, without even applying, and the scholarships turned out to be at the school of our choice, well,  that seemed like an open door.

Miraculously I am much more prepared to leave than prior to any of my previous trips across the pond. [I love how the British refer to crossing the Atlantic as a trip across the pond!]  My friend Deborah helped me set up this blog site this afternoon so that I can share adventures and photos with my family - thus here I am making my first blog post titled: Viaggi di Donna or  Donna's Travels. Later on I will learn if my Italian translation is accurate!

You will be given the opportunity to join me on this adventure.... by receiving  an email notifying you when I have made a post.... hopefully by the time I post this I will have figured out how to invite you to follow my blog. In the meantime...

Buon Viaggio!
Donna Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment